- Prospective adoptive parents fill out an application either at an adoption location or online.
(Online is best because it gets e-mailed directly to Lucky Cat Rescue volunteers and is checked numerous times daily.)
- A Lucky Cat Rescue volunteer reviews the application, checks veterinarian references, personal references, etc.
- The volunteer contacts the prospective adopter to set up an interview.
- The prospective adopter completes an interview with a volunteer adoption counselor.
- If the adoption counselor approves the adopter, a Lucky Cat Rescue volunteer arranges a time for the adopter to meet the cat (if they have not already been acquainted).
- If the adopter and the cat are a good match, the adopter fills out the rest of the adoption paperwork and takes his or her new companion home.
The adoption donation set by Lucky Cat Rescue, Inc. is $85 per cat that is 1 year and older. For kittens under 1 year old, the fee is $100. If you adopt a pair of kittens the amount is $175. This donation covers all vaccinations needed to-date, testing for FIV and Feline Leukemia, as well as the spaying/neutering of the cat. Adoptive parents receive all veterinarian records for the cat they have adopted at the time of the adoption.
Lucky Cat Rescue, Inc. requires all adoptive parents to take their new family member (aka the cat) home in a carrier. If no carrier is present at the time of the adoption, the cat will not be released to the adoptive parent(s). This is to ensure the safety of the cats and kittens that Lucky Cat Rescue has rescued.
For more information about the adoption process, feel free to e-mail us.